Free training workshops are now available for community pharmacists delivering the CPCS service.
These workshops build upon the skills developed in the CPPE training, and is fully funded by HEE (Health Education England).
The focus is on clinical assessment skills to support consultations held with patients referred to the pharmacy as part of the CPCS.
The training will be delivered via a combination of online pre-learning and interactive online workshops.
Courses start from 6th October 2020 and are available on various days and times (including weekends) to make it more accessible for everyone.
By completing the course, pharmacists will learn how to:
- Perform clinical examinations – blood pressure, pulse oximetry, peak flow measurements, respiratory rate
- Identify red flags during consultations
- Support clinical decision-making with evidence-based practice
- Involve patients in decision-making
- Conclude consultations with safety netting, signposting and referrals
- Promote self-care and prevention measures
- Complete accurate clinical records to support data sharing
- Build relationships and work effectively in collaboration with GPs and other healthcare professionals.
For further information on the course please visit the RPS website here